Friday 7 March 2014

The River Cottage Gluten Free Cookery Course

For Christmas this year I was given a place on the Gluten Free Cookery course at the River Cottage in Devon. I'm booked on this Sunday the 9th and I couldn't be more excited! We are heading down on Saturday as my parents-in-law live not too far away, so we get to see them as well.

This was booked such a long time ago that I'd almost forgotten it was coming up.... almost. I have managed to do a little bit of research into what we'll be making though, and I'm pretty excited about a couple of things on the sylllabus (I'm going to call it that; how grand), particularly the sourdough bread, and Pissaladiere tart, whatever that may be. We will also cover muffins, brownies, and buckwheat pancakes. I make brownies almost weekly in our house and muffins less regularly, so I'm looking forward to learning a new slant on an old favourite. I'm also looking forward to seeing how they make thier buckwheat pancakes and whether or not they'll be similar to the gorgeous gallettes de sarrasin we had in France when we visited last. There will also be sessions on gluten free eating and nutrition in general, different flours and how they work, and so forth. I will also get a gluten free lunch included.

I'm really looking forward to it, and as a keen baker, I know I will use the recipes time and time again. I do hope they give us the recipes to take away but I make take a note pad just in case.... I will try to take as many photos as I can during the course and will post about it after the weekend.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment